Holy Trinity Church, Apperley is a Chapel of Ease to the main parish church at Deerhurst. It was built in 1856 by Henry Eustatius Strickland of Apperley Court, primarily to save the residents of Apperley from having to endure the walk to Deerhurst in bad winter weather. The architect was Henry's nephew Francis Cranmer Penrose who was at the time Surveyor of the Fabric of St. Paul's Cathedral in London (only the fifth surveyor after Sir Christopher Wren). Penrose carried out further work in 1896/7, at the age of 79, when the small tower above the porch and the apse were added.
A Chapel of Ease is a church built within the bounds of a parish for the attendance of those who cannot reach the parish church conveniently.
The church is open most days during daylight hours for quiet prayer and reflection.
There is a fundraising ‘Bring & Buy’ second hand book stall on permanent display in the church. Payment for books can be placed in the box in the porch.
In July 2007 Holy Trinity Church became fully licensed for weddings. Previously anyone wishing to marry in the church had to obtain a special licence.